It still surprises me the number of managers and employers I come across who carry the mindset of “if I can’t see it, I can’t manage it”. But without launching into another crazed, over-impassioned tirade about how online collaboration technologies have come so far, more environmentally friendly, more economical (blah-blah-blah)… here’s a great info graphic of a study done in the US which looks at some of the benefits of a healthy balance between working from home and working from the office.
The following are some of the key benefits which I personally found quite interesting:
- The US could save 1/3 of it’s yearly oil imports
- Each person could save on average 109 hours in travel time
- Telecommuters suffer on average 25% less stress … (not sure how they quantified that one)
- 3 out of 4 people said they ate healthier when working from home
- Which all translates into happier, more productive employees!
… cost savings, better quality of life, happier and healthier people, AND increased productivity. Sounds like a no-brainer right??